Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default how deep to make flourite bed?

It is a 15 gallon long tank. Right now I have some river bed gravel and it's
only going a little over 1 inch

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I will be getting some flourite next month for my aquarium. The 7kg bag

of
flourite says it covers a typical 10 gal with 2 inches. I have a 15 gal,
I'll need 2 bags then. How deep do you think I should make the bed?

Do you have a 15 gallon long or high? What are the dimensions of your

tank?

I think you'd be all right putting two bags in. Except if the tank is

only 12"
high, in which case a deep substrate might take up too much space.

If your tank is only 12" high, you might consider buying just one bag of
Flourite, and mixing it with a small amount regular gravel, to get a 2"

bed.

Leigh