Old 26-02-2003, 05:03 AM
Betsy

Default power tiller: to get or not to get one

I love my little Honda, which I bought after renting a Mantis several times
and watching the fees add up fast.

I've used it to turn sod into perennial beds. I've used it to dig holes for
trees. I've used it to level a 50x30 foot patch of ground for raised beds.
I used it to dig the holes into which I placed the supports for my
trellises.

I don't know what I'd do without it!

"pgh" wrote in message

I know this is subjective, but just to get a feeling for things,
could the experienced gardeners among you tell me how large should
your garden be in order to justify buying a powered tiller.

I have a bias toward simple things, but I figure at some point
doing things by hand is just too much.

Please, shower me with your opinions!