Old 03-05-2011, 11:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Shade grass seed. Does it exsist?

The Henchman said:

Without finding a type of grass that can deal with the all day shade it
might not be worth the trouble.

Do you want the tree, or the grass? P. pungens prefers neutral to slightly
acidic (6.1 - 7.5 pH) soil. The grass won't tolerate the acid. It's really
that
simple.

How can there be any visible grass under the spruce? Did you remove the
bottom
branches?
------------------

It's only the second year I've owned this place so still learning my yard.

There was grass under the tree for most of the tree's life but a combination
of the spruce tree growing, a cedar tree beside it, and my neighbour's maple
tree growing super fast has cut off a lot of the sun's supply. A 3 foot
perimeter around the spruce has ground cover growing (myrtle?) in a slightly
raised bed.

No branches can be removed my wife says...

You're wife is to be commended.

The rest of my comment(s) still stand. =)

And, please fix your *cough* newsreader's quoting abilty. I appreciate that you
don't top-post (the default for most of M$ crap), but it MUST have the ability
to properly quote. I know many people that use WLM as their *cough* newsreader,
that format posts properly. Thanks.
--

Eggs

-Half the people you know are below average.