Old 04-05-2011, 11:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Too many tomato plants

In article ,
TheMaverick wrote:

Hi all,
I’m a VERY armature gardener and this year I decided to grow my own
tomatoes. I bought 3 seed packets and planted all 3 packets into 3 seed
trays. The seedlings have grown and I now have around 80 separate tomato
plants ready to plant out. I thought I could plant them all into 3-4
grow bags but I have since been told that I should only have 3-4
plants per bag. I don’t have space for more than about 4 grow bags so
that leaves me with a lot of seedlings left over!
Does any one have any suggestions what I can do with these? I would
like to keep as many as possible but space is a real issue ( I live in
London!) I do have a small flower bed and was considering planting a
few directly into the soil?

Many help for any ideas

Tomato plants shouldn't be any problem to give away. If you have a flea
market, you might consider selling them there, which is where, I
suspect, the ones I gave away went.
--
- Billy

Bush's 3rd term: Obama plus another elective war
Bush's 4th term: another Judas goat

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://theuptake.org/2011/03/05/michael-moore-the-big-lie-wisconsin-is-broke/