Old 05-05-2011, 02:56 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default White flies at it again

willshak said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote the following:
Guv Bob said:

"Stubby" wrote in message ...
On May 3, 3:29 am, "Guv Bob" wrote:

What's the best organic spray for these rascals. I know soap does a pretty good job -- what kind of soap works? Someone also mentioned soaking a cigar or other tobacco in water for a few days and then using that with the soap.

Diazinon used to work really well, but it is now outlawed. Try Eight, the replacement for Sevin. I believe Eight is specifically intended to be "kind to the environment". I don't know what you mean by "oganic". Anything with hydrogen and carbon is organic, but spraying gasoline on your plant won't help them.

Thanks Stubby. I don't know what the right word is. Have to stay away from manufactured pesticides. Since going with natural products, flavor & quality of the vegs and fruits are much better than when I used others. Size and yield is not are good but also don't have to worry about young'uns dipping their hands into the stuff.

Please fix your wordwrap. Good grief.

What is wrong with your newsreader?

Nothing. =)

I use Tbird and I can expand or decrease the width of the message window
and the text adjusts to the window.

You shouldn't, stay with me now... *have* to. Newsgroup etiquette has always
included, among other things, not typing in caps, not posting binaries to text
groups, and setting word wrap to a reasonable length (less than 80 characters).
You've been around long enough to know these things, Will.
--

Eggs

-Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than standing in a
garage makes you a car.