Old 05-05-2011, 12:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default And the Verdict is...

I bought dead strawberry plants . Pulled all I could find yesterday , no
sign of root growth , no sign of green on top . I guess if I want berries
this year I'll have to buy 'em at the local Kroger .
The wild strawberries , however , are doing great in my lawn . And the
ones in the empty lot next door are doing even better ! Too bad they're the
size of 00 buck shot and taste like crap .
Due to our employment situation I'm hesitant to plant any perennials here
now . Luckily for us we have a pace in the Ozarks that's paid for , and may
end up moving into our camper up there - especially if the wife can find a
teaching position up there . Not much hope for me though , between my age
and the construction industry being so dead slow . Upside is that there's a
half-acre clearing on our land that's perfect for a garden ... and wild
blueberries , muscadines , and other edibles scattered in the 11.5 acres
that's still heavily wooded .
--
Snag
Learning keeps