Old 11-05-2011, 05:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
DogDiesel DogDiesel is offline

Default Garden plot this year.

Hi gardeners

I want to post that my garden plot is damn near empty of weeds, I
appreciate everyone's help. Its obvious that my straw and garden cover from
last year killed a lot of the weeds off. I pulled weeds for about a half
hour and its pretty clean about 5 days later. So I'm off and running.

Its really wet here , Its been solid rain with a day here and there to try
and cut the grass.

I'm not tilling this year. I don't see the need any more. And I used that D
hoe , From Johnnies . And its very helpful .
I just put down about an inch of composted horse bedding. And I bought my
first lettuce flat.

A grabbed a rake, a coal shovel to get the horse bedding out of my truck,
and a long deep shovel.

The ground is still too cold for the summer vegetables.

And I have made a 4 by 4 mulch cage from roll fencing and its full of grass
and leaves.

I'm playing around with the patch by the house that was all weeds last year.

So all is good.

Thanks

Diesel