Old 20-04-2003, 07:21 AM
Daniel Whiting

Default Error in Calculating Watts perl Gal/lit??

Well, each half of the 55 gal would be its "own" tank 27.5 gals each,
right? And each section has a 55 watt bulb.. So each side would have 2
watts/gal. The 40 watt bulb means an extra 20 watts are on each side, so
75 watts per 27.5 gals, so 2.7 wpg? Or is my logic flawed?

Richmond wrote:
Just wondering am I (are we) making an error when calculating
watts/gal.

Mine is a 55 USGal tank, 49" length, with two section 24" each
separated by a metal frame. I have two 55 watts PCF bulbs (22"), each
covering a section. Now my tank is 1 watt/gal or 2 watts/gal ??

I also have a 40 watts (48") bulb which covers entire tank. So
logically my tank is 1.7 watts/gal and not 2.7 watts/gal. Is that
correct?

--
Thank You

Dominic