Old 22-05-2011, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen[_7_] Stephen[_7_] is offline

Default keeping cats away from birds' nest?

Hello,

We have some sparrows nesting in our hedge and all the local cats are
trying to reach it. Is there a way to keep the cats away? I searched
on google and found a product called "silent roar" recommended. I
phoned the garden centre to enquire if they stocked it and the
gentleman said they stocked that and pepper powders but he said many
people bring them back, claiming they don't work and more or less said
that I shouldn't waste my money on them.

I silent roar any good in your experience? What about the pepper one?
Is it just cooking pepper? Do any of these work in your experience?

Does anyone know how long sparrows nest for?

Thanks,
Stephen.