Old 24-05-2011, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Brown patches on lawn caused by dog urine

"Mike_stone" wrote in message

Hi guys,

Does anybody had any tips for reducing the effect of dog urine on
lawns?

The simple answer would be to get rid of the dog! )

Thanks in advance.

--
Mike_stone

Widely held to be a problem only with bitches but its just as bad if your
dog is like mine and doesn't cock his leg! My mum swears by some special
stones she has in the dogs water bowl and I have heard tomato sauce in the
diet can help (Although not sure about the long term effects on the dog) the
method we were taught by the Guide dogs for the blind was to drench the area
with water or train the dog to use a patch grass left especially long

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs