Old 25-05-2011, 03:35 PM
BIRDY BIRDY is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubby[_3_] View Post
On May 19, 9:37*am, "
wrote:
On May 17, 6:00*pm, willshak wrote:

Duncan Munday wrote the following:

Interesting

Our soil is full of clay so drainage is poor, i think i will try the
spike type to start with as the plug type may not be man enough.

Thought about constructing some sort of wooden shoe attachment with
nails in to walk and spike - not sure on how safe this would be though!

They do sell them. I would think that they are only for very small
lawns. My, just less than an acre, lawn would require a lot of walking.

--

Even if I had a small strip, I wouldn't waste my time with
those either. *Again, they don't remove soil, they only

About 20 years ago I purchased a pair of "shoes" with spikes on the
bottom. It only took about 5 minutes to realized that these things
made it almost impossible to walk and really did not penetrate the
ground.

I believe the value of spiking is the same as using a seed slicer. It
provides a place to hold seeds that you spread. Also, a top covering
of soil will land in and help sprout the seeds. Aeration is not the
intent.

Hi .. i'm not sure...I think its not so good but when grassing....it give a lot of
advantage...regards