Old 24-01-2011, 01:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
W. Dale[_3_] W. Dale[_3_] is offline

Default Three Blind Mice (and all their relatives!)

On Jan 23, 8:14 am, "Valorie" wrote:
"W. Dale" wrote in message

Covered my pond and water fall this year. Since doing so, I have
noticed that the berm is now riddled with mice burrows and tunnels!
It is SO bad that I am will need to dig out and repack the berm
supporting my stock tank bio-mech filter.
Anyone else have this problem? If so, aside from a cat or two how di

you get rid of them? I have never seen anything quite like this
infestation.
Thanks!

Are you sure they're not moles? Moles are really hard to get rid
of. They eat grubs and worms so wont take most baits.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

They look like mice to me and their dropping are consistent with what
I know to be mouse droppings. However, that being said, there could
be some moles running around the area as well. I will take a closer
look as some of the burrows. I will know for sure this spring as I
need to reconstruct my waterfall berm due to the amount of burrowing
that has gone on this past fall.

Thanks!
W. Dale