Old 24-01-2011, 01:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Three Blind Mice (and all their relatives!)

This is a good discussion. I had a mouse this fall getting into the
squirrel feeder. Where you see one there are probably more.... I put a
block of what I think is called Kat-con? Under a pot with a block on top of
it so the raccoons can't access it (not that I wouldn't mind disposing of
them that way, but it would probably just make them queasy.) Found the dead
mouse a few days later and disposed of him, haven't seen any more since.
I've never seen damage to my pond, but I know they will chew holes in
filter material if left unchecked.

Do you have moles in your area JB? I know there are pellets for gophers,
perhaps there is something for moles, a laced grub perhaps, stuffed in
their burrow? ~ jan

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:14:00 EST, "Valorie" wrote:

"W. Dale" wrote in message
Covered my pond and water fall this year. Since doing so, I have
noticed that the berm is now riddled with mice burrows and tunnels!
It is SO bad that I am will need to dig out and repack the berm
supporting my stock tank bio-mech filter.
Anyone else have this problem? If so, aside from a cat or two how did
you get rid of them? I have never seen anything quite like this
infestation.
Thanks!

Are you sure they're not moles? Moles are really hard to get rid
of. They eat grubs and worms so wont take most baits.

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us