Old 26-02-2011, 08:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Newspaper article on Koi

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:57:01 EST, "a425couple"
wrote:

I've got about 3 koi left
that I originally started with in 1995. ~ jan

So some of yours have lasted 15 years, Cool!

Another interesting quote I found,
"Koi do grow and under ideal conditions, they can reach two feet
in three years."

The biggest koi in my pond is from a hatch in 2003. I think she is actually
bigger than one I sold several years ago because I thought she needed a
bigger pond. Since I've lost 2 since that time, not sure I'm ready to give
this one up, especially since I only ended up keeping 2 of the babies and
they haven't spawned again since. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us