Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Doug Sheely

Default algae bloom

kh in PPM divided by 17.86 + dkh
322.2/ 17.86 = 18.4dkh
7.8ph 18 dkh = aprox 8 co2 ppm
I just completed a 25 % water change and increased the co2 bubble rate to 30
bpm

"Dustin" wrote in message
wow well if you didnt have a typo
and your ph is 7.8
and your kh is 322.2
Your Co2 is 154.1 ppm
which should kill your fish.

As far as the algae in teh water, its called green water.

Thats about all I can help ya with - I know the other ppl in the group

know
alot about it.

Dustin

"Doug Sheely" wrote in message
I need some advice please. My recently converted fish only 55 gallon to

planted tank has a severe algae problem. When I converted to a planted

tank
I increased my lighting to a 110 watt power compact strip light on for

about
10-12 hours a day. After converting a month ago I had some algae growth

but
it wasn't too bad and I was able to control it by scraping the sides and

25
% weekly water changes. Today the tank is totally green with algae that
appears to be in the water. My plants are doing OK. Here are my water
readings as of today:
PH 7.8
nitrate 20ppm
ammonia 0
nitrite .10 ppm
KH 322.2 ppm
GH 35.8 ppm
co2 injection 18 bubbles per minute from bottle into co2 reactor.
hob canister filter with micron filter installed.
Fish Load :
4 med angels
1 rainbow shark
2 black skirt tetras
3 bala sharks
2 pearl gouramis
1 silver tip shark
1 pleco
2 pictus cats
2 big cats ???
1 clown loach
substrate small gravel
Sorry for such a long post but I would appreciate any comments or
suggestions.