Old 20-04-2003, 07:22 AM
Dave Millman

Default Is this Pearling?

dpots wrote:

I recently added a DIY Co2 system to my 60g aquarium. I am seeing
streams of very tiny bubbles coming off of the Vals. I have also seen
larger bubbles appearing on the under side of the leafs of my anubias
nana and barteri. Is this typical of "Pearling"? Can pearling occur
on the underside of a leaf.

Pearling typically refers to relatively static bubbles. You see it a lot
on stands of riccia.

O2 bubbles of any sort (static, streams, under leafs) are a function of
plant O2 production AND O2 concentration in the water. You may have lots
of O2 production, which is good, but not see many bubbles if you have a
high fish load.