Old 03-06-2011, 07:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Possibly a garden disaster

In article ,
Kay Lancaster wrote:

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:23:42 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:
60s. So far my cucurbits have completely stalled out. All of them, the
zukes, the cukes and the melon are still just cotyledons with very tiny
first leaves. Now they have all begun to yellow. All of them are

Replant the cucurbits -- if they're still with cotyledons, you can get
new seedlings to that stage in a week.

We're having Junuary up here near Portland again this year. 42oF when I got
up this morning; doesn't feel like it's made 55 today. I think we've broken
70o once this year.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...609902/1350?Ti
tle=Weather-interfering-with-grape-pollination
Weather interfering with grape pollination

The late-season downpour hitting Northern California is threatening to
devastate this year's grape crop, making it potentially the third
weather event in the last four years to wreak havoc on vineyards.
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/