Old 06-06-2011, 01:11 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Beware of this vine!

This vine appeared 2 years ago here in NY.
I didn't pay too much attention to it until it started to grow over
desirable plants
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/dscn0029wy.jpg/
After the first year that I saw it, this was the result the second year
and third year (this pic is the third year).
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/135/dscn0365j.jpg/
You can see the vine starting to grow at lower left, center, and lower
right.
Since then, i have started to pull the vines whenever I saw them. The
vines are shallow rooted so they pull out of the ground easily. They
have tiny thorns along the stem, so if you have callous hands, as I do,
they can be pulled bare handed, otherwise use gloves.
It's name is Persicaria Perfoliata, or Mile-A-Minute
Link to description of plant.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/dscn0364ss.jpg/

--

Bill