Old 14-06-2011, 04:55 AM
jackzayum jackzayum is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmI View Post
"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message
"FarmI" wrote:

"RachaelDavidson" wrote:

We've just purchased a new cantilever glass veranda for our garden
patio. At the moment there is a 5 year old apple tree in the space,
about 15ft tall.

We're wondering if we can dig it up and relocate it? Have absolutely no
idea how to do this or how to care fore the tree once it's been moved
(about 30ft). any guidance or suggestions would be welcome.

Yes you can dig it up and move it but do so in winter not whilst its in
active growth.

Not true... you're obviously no kind of farmer... even city kids know
that apple trees grow where the ground freezes in winter.

LOL. We grow superb apples and our ground NEVER freezes in winter.

Nice informative post. It's really helpful and useful. Thanks.