Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 AM
gardenermatt gardenermatt is offline
Registered User

Smile

Hi Jack!

When I started to make moves on my garden, I can guarantee it was in a much worse state than yours!

Highly motivated, I dug up all the grass one weekend, rotavated and treated the soil underneath, treated it for the poor Ph and condition it was in, took out all the debris that was buried among it, raked and levelled it. I bought some fresh treated topsoil and decided to get some fresh turf to lay over it!

Ever since it's been fantastic! It may not be the kind of move you want to make as it was a long winded and costly way of doing so, but I hope this aids you in some way!

The soil I used was from Hallstone Direct based in York (Hallstone Value Topsoil | Topsoil | Soil | Top Soil)

I used the Medallion turf from Rolawn which is also based locally to me in york (Quality Lawn Turf from Rolawn: Medallion Turf)

Best of luck in sorting your problem!

Matt