Old 14-07-2011, 11:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Help laying new turf...please!

said:

On Jul 13, 5:28*pm, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
said:

On Jul 12, 10:17 pm, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
said:

Ever see pros do either of these?

Ever see anything worthwhile come from Gardenbanter? =P c'mon man... get a
newsreader. You're still the only G2 poster that I upscore. =)
--

Eggs

-I started out with nothing... I still have most of it.

I don't use a newsreader because I access newsgroups from different
locations. *Hence I find Google Groups to be both easy and suited to
my needs. *Another reason some people use GG is that they want
to access groups from places that don't allow installation of any or
certain software, eg corp environment.

There's plenty of portable newsreaders around. You could just keep it on a flash
drive. If you're someplace you can access G2, you're someplace you can plug in a
flash drive.

Assuming there is such a thing as a portable newsreader
that doesn't require installation, why exactly should I or
anyone else carry it around on a flash drive? Just because
you have a hardon against GoogleGroups and insist that
everyone must use only what you like?

Calm down, man. Just a suggestion. And, it's not just me. The regular users in
every group I frequent are leaning towards killfiling Google (or have already
done so). Not because of the posters, but because Google has broken things so
badly, in their portal to usenet (as has gardenbanter and countless others). I
merely pointed out that your argument about using it because you "access
newsgroups from different locations" was pretty much invalid. It's all good. I
always enjoy your posts. You're one of the few in this particular group that
actually knows what they're talking about. =)

Cheers trader. Stay cool in this unforgiving heat. =)
--

Eggs

They told me I was gullible.... and I believed them.