Old 15-07-2011, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Runner beans, wot beans ??

On 15/07/2011 15:00, wrote:
AriesValsumone@somewhere wrote:
As you may have guess, my runner beans have and are still flowering but
not a bean in sight. This is the first year ever I've had this problem.
What is it due to do you think? Lack of bees? as I've not seen one
bee in my garden this Summer

Blimey, we've had loads of bees!
My beans are behind as I put them in late, as seeds not plants. but the
ones I did as plants are dwarf beans, and I've already had 3 good meals off
them.

Could it just be that your beans are a bit behind due to the odd weather
we've been having?
.

Mine were late too due to the drought. Lots of beans starting to be
ready now. Just had the first meal off them the other day. We've got
lots and lots of bees though.

--
David in Normandy.

by a filter and not reach my inbox.