Old 17-07-2011, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Leaf miners yet again

So I pulled up many of my third panting of cucurbits. The leaf miners
destroyed them in the cotyledon stage for the second time now. Even
spinosad applied heavily could not stop them. I have no idea why this is a
new problem as the last two years were free of this problem. So no
cucumbers for me this year. No melons either. Is there some product like a
transparent tent that would kep the flies off the seedlings? Looking for
ideas for next year.