Old 21-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Robby1 Robby1 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
Hello all

My first time on here - hoping someone can help me out.

My mower is leaking fuel from the (excuse my lack of technical terms) brass coloured bit just in from the air filter with a valve at the bottom for drainage - sorry but I don't know what it is.

I think it's leaking around the top where it should possibly have a gasket or seal of some sort - at the moment it's just metal on metal and I don't see how that's ever going to really keep the fuel in there. If I'm right and it does need such a seal there, does anyone know where I could get one from and what it's called? Does it have a part number???

I've tried to get a picture loaded up below, hope it works...

As you can see (if the picture's there) I've tried to make a seal with some plumber's white tape, but it's only temporary as I think it's too "soft" to deal with petrol???

hope someone can help out.
thanks in advance
Jem
Hi there PTFE will work but you need to use PTFE for petrolium based fuels. You will be able to get this from most plunb centres