Old 21-07-2011, 04:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
LilAbner LilAbner is offline

Default Staph infection

We had a large Walnut tree uprooted by a tornado several weeks ago.
We got around to getting the spot leveled and several other trees a
couple weeks ago.
We used wheat straw over the grass seed.
Wife came up with several staph skin infections and one in her nose.
They were spreading real fast.
Antibiotics are taking care of it.
I came up with one patch around where I wear my watch.
I had no idea wheat straw could present such a problem?
The ground is rich soil. Any other possibilities?