Old 20-04-2003, 06:23 AM
Randal

Default Ghost Shrimp Question

I purchased 8 ghost shrimp from the LFS about 3 months ago. I placed
them in my 20 gallon tank that has one platy, two swordtails, an octo
catfish, live plants and a few hiding places. They were very
translucent, looked very healthy and active. The fish did not pick on
them too much. After about 2 months they began to slow down and their
shells became tan / opaque in color. In the end they died and of course
the fish had them for dinner.
My kids loved to watch them cruise around the tank. I want to put more
in the tank but not before I understand how to help them survive longer.

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Randal