Old 20-04-2003, 06:23 AM
Aquatic-store.com

Default Ghost Shrimp Question

They may not have had enough calcium to make hard shells. once they
lose their shell they are vulnerable until the new one is as hard as
the old one.

Marcus

http://www.Aquatic-store.com

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:31:33 -0800, Randal
wrote:

I purchased 8 ghost shrimp from the LFS about 3 months ago. I placed
them in my 20 gallon tank that has one platy, two swordtails, an octo
catfish, live plants and a few hiding places. They were very
translucent, looked very healthy and active. The fish did not pick on
them too much. After about 2 months they began to slow down and their
shells became tan / opaque in color. In the end they died and of course
the fish had them for dinner.
My kids loved to watch them cruise around the tank. I want to put more
in the tank but not before I understand how to help them survive longer.

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Randal