Old 08-08-2011, 09:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Todd Todd is offline

Default Why no more new fruit on my zukes?

On 08/08/2011 01:08 PM, Bob F wrote:
Todd wrote:
Hi All,

I am attempting to grow zucchini this year. I am a total
beginner and no little of what I am doing.

Problem: on my four producing plants, I have lots of
flowers but no new fruit. I initially got a very nice
fruit off of each plant. But, then for the last two weeks,
nothing new. I have lots of flowers by no new fruit.
The plants seem healthy (well, to me anyway). I am puzzled.

Do I need to shake the flowers or somethings to make sure they
pollinate? Any ideas what to do?

Fertilizer?

Dumped a bag of organic stuff on it last week. I was hoping
that would help the fruit situation but it hasn't so far.
The plants seem to love it!

Thank you for the help,

-T