Old 08-08-2011, 11:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Why no more new fruit on my zukes?

In article , Todd wrote:

On 08/08/2011 01:08 PM, Bob F wrote:
Todd wrote:
Hi All,

I am attempting to grow zucchini this year. I am a total
beginner and no little of what I am doing.

Problem: on my four producing plants, I have lots of
flowers but no new fruit. I initially got a very nice
fruit off of each plant. But, then for the last two weeks,
nothing new. I have lots of flowers by no new fruit.
The plants seem healthy (well, to me anyway). I am puzzled.

Do I need to shake the flowers or somethings to make sure they
pollinate? Any ideas what to do?

Fertilizer?

Dumped a bag of organic stuff on it last week. I was hoping
that would help the fruit situation but it hasn't so far.
The plants seem to love it!

Thank you for the help,

-T

Take the flowers that are on long stems, cut one off leaving enough stem
to hold on to, and then pull their petals off. Stick it into a flower
that doesn't have a long stem. Duration, rhythm, and motion are always
individual choices. Congratulations, you are a dad.
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis