Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default How bad is bad?

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Janet Tweedy
writes

I've got a friend in High Wycombe who had his car set about with a meat
cleaver , the bloke even stood on the bonnet to hammer the rood!

Also in High Wycombe friends had their car set alight parked directly in
the drive under their daughter's window.

They had bought it from a garage and he suspected that it had been a write
off after an accident once he had driven it home and had a chance to take
a really good look, so he had reported it to the police. (He was a car
mechanic)

I surprised a T Leaf attempting to break into my garage one night about
10pm. He scarpered when I switched on the security light, before doing
too much damage. Cops came quickly and called up the dog man, but he
failed to pick up a trail (unlike the movies).

When the cops arrived they asked what I kept in my garage, and I said a
few gardening tools and equipment.
"Have you got a car"?
"Yes, in the garage".

They seemed amazed to be told that I keep my car in the garage, so I asked
where else would I keep it!

Most people round here don't keep their cars in the garage because they just
can't get them in. Our estate was built in 1980, and cars have got wider
since then. My next-door neighbour did drive his into his garage one day,
but found he couldn't open the door wide enough to get out.

--
Kathy