Old 09-08-2011, 07:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harryagain harryagain is offline

Default How bad is bad?

On 2011-08-07 13:08:14 +0100, "harryagain" said:

"Baz" wrote in message
Martin wrote in
:

On 2011-08-07 08:15:44 +0100, Baz said:

Yesterday the OH and me were in the front garden doing some
weeding when a chap came to me, treading on plants and with a
dodgy attitude asked if I wanted him to fix my roof! I said there
is nothing wrong with the roof and if there was I could fix it. He
went on to ask if I wanted the garden digging! Then did I want the
plastic window frames cleaning! He wouldn't take no for an answer.
Unknown to me the OH recognised him from last year when he was
stealing wheelie bins and rang the police. While undesired man and
me were talking OH passed me the phone out of the window and was
surprised to be talking to the police(as I didn't know she had
rang them). I quickly got the gist and gave them a reg. no. of a
pickup truck which I thought must have been his, he ran off
immediatly.

6.30 this morning we were going out for the day. No chance. 8
slashed tyres and DEEP scratches to the bodywork of our cars.

I feel like giving in! For F**ks sake. We both have to go to work
tomorrow.

Baz

What a horrible thing to happen. It's only upside is that the
police have his reg.no. and know he's operating in your area. CCTV
camera installation, perhaps?

We have had tyres slashed too. Our new car has no spare wheel just a
sophisticated puncture outfit made for holes less than 3mm. I
spotted this after I had bought the car. The salesman said a survey
had shown that customers didn't need a spare wheel anymore!

!! What utter madness. When I picked up a horseshoe nail in one tyre,
I certainly needed a spare. I've had 3 puncture altogether with this
car, having never had one in my life before!

Ignoring slashed tyres, we have been averaging a puncture a year,
mainly from wood screws which I suspect vandals have screwed into the
tyres. Things have got better since the local yob has found a job.

Let me tell you that this has scared us both half to death here, the
scroat has crept up during the night and caused thousands of pounds
worth
of damage and we didn't hear a thing. Imagine if he wanted to do US
harm.
I don't know where the money is going to come from but we have to get
some quality recordable security here. Today if I can. The police are
going to talk with us later on today about security.

Baz

Cheapest is to get a fake camera.

What on earth is the use of that when they want to catch and STOP a
criminal?!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Burglary/vandalism cannot be prevented in our scumbag loving society.
The point is deterrence with all buglar stuff. They don't know it's fake.
They go away and do a neighbour instead.
They always go for the easy option being idle toerags.

Don't you know anything?