Old 09-08-2011, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default How bad is bad?

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2011-08-08 16:46:25 +0100, Baz said:

Gordon H wrote in news:bK+a$kLcm
:

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
I've got a friend in High Wycombe who had his car set about with a
meat
cleaver , the bloke even stood on the bonnet to hammer the rood!
Also in High Wycombe friends had their car set alight parked
directly
in the drive under their daughter's window.
They had bought it from a garage and he suspected that it had been
write off after an accident once he had driven it home and had a chance
to take a really good look, so he had reported it to the police. (He
was a car mechanic)
I surprised a T Leaf attempting to break into my garage one night
about
10pm. He scarpered when I switched on the security light, before
doing too much damage. Cops came quickly and called up the dog man,
but he failed to pick up a trail (unlike the movies).
When the cops arrived they asked what I kept in my garage, and I
said a
few gardening tools and equipment.
"Have you got a car"?
"Yes, in the garage".
They seemed amazed to be told that I keep my car in the garage, so

asked where else would I keep it!

Sometimes you may have to put up with, what seems like stupidity
from the
police, stupid questions and hold them inside. Most times the old bill will
have a reason, and that may be that you should not be there, or the twit is
still at large, or both. Most of them are far from stupid.
Baz

It would be an amazement with me. I've rarely had a garage in any
house but when I have it's always been too full of 'stuff' to hold a
car. ;-)

In that case it is not a garage, it is a junk store. ;-)
Yes,- I've seen inside some of my neighbours' "garages".
I believe that cars which are not garaged should attract a much higher
insurance premium.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply