Old 09-08-2011, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default How bad is bad?

In message , Sacha
writes

I know that I'm glad I don't live near the sort of person who's too
cheap to use a real deterrent, hoping the scumbags will "do a neighbour
instead."

I use a real deterrent and it helped to identify two youths, but I am
happy to say that I look after my own security and it's up to the
neighbours to look after theirs.
One couple had a narrow escape from injury when a youth jumped into the
open door of their car and reversed off their drive WHILST THEY WERE
CLEANING IT! The keys were in the ignition... Duh!

I had spotted a group of lads and started recording them because they
were strangers and were hanging around at the end of my drive, and I
caught a rather poor image of them, which I reported it to the couple.
By the time the police approached me it was weeks later and I had
deleted the images...

On more that one occasion where car theft has occurred within sight of
my property I have been asked "Did you get anything on your cameras"?

My answer is sorry, - they cover only my own property, to have a camera
covering public space you require authorisation.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply