Old 13-08-2011, 09:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default Japanese Beetles vs. my lawn

In Eggs Zachtly
wrote:

I'm definately not "anti-pesticide". I just tend to use it as a last
resort because there are usually side-effects, with chemicals, that
most people don't think about, that can have a negative impact.
Replacing a problem, with a different problem, as it were.

I don't use 'em either, other than the systemic stuff (imidacloprid)
that I'm trying on the roses. If the sand cherries and dwarf crab apple
survive the beetle onslaught, I might try it on them next spring. The
clematis and Boston Ivy are done for.

--
St. Paul, MN