Old 17-08-2011, 09:46 PM posted to triangle.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Second Planting

On Aug 17, 4:08*pm, WesD wrote:
On Aug 16, 2:50*pm, mj wrote:

Has anyone had any luck with a second planting of zucchini, yellow
squash and cucumbers? My plants have their third leaf and I am really
hoping for another crop. Experience anyone?

MJ

I have never had much luck with second plantings. *They just never
seem to recover from the heat and not enough light in Aug and Sep in
my garden. *I just plant a fall garden of greens.

When do you start "greens" I assume lettuces, collards ect. Onions?
Even if I get lucky and these do well I will still have lots of room.
I usually plant my lettuce in the greenhouse but I am open to ideas.
Oh and I am southeast of the Triangle. Between Fayetteville and
Wilmington if that helps
MJ