Old 19-08-2011, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wally[_3_] Wally[_3_] is offline

Default Repairing a split in a plastic water butt...

"AL_n" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

Interesting analogy there, which of course I agree with, because the 5
water butts lined up behind the garage and shed which are all linked,
are ex Fruit Juice or Syrup barrels

Mike

Thanks to all for the input. I affected a repair using a soldering iron to
melt the plastic together. I'll wager that if it splits agin, it won't be
in the same place.

Al

Now that you have melted it together it might be worth reinforcing it
with a hot glue gun, just to make sure.

Wally