Old 19-08-2011, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Repairing a split in a plastic water butt...

Dave Hill wrote in
:

On Aug 19, 3:01*pm, "Wally" wrote:
"AL_n" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

Interesting analogy there, which of course I agree with, because
the 5 water butts lined up behind the garage and shed which are
all linked, are ex Fruit Juice or Syrup barrels

Mike

Thanks to all for the input. I affected a repair using a soldering
iron

melt the plastic together. I'll wager that if it splits agin, it
won't

be
in the same place.

Al

Now that you have melted it together it might be worth reinforcing it
with a hot glue gun, just to make sure.

Wally- Hide quoted text -

Just remember to make the repairs, patches on the inside.

You are all going to die of ignorance! Make a moulded tank watertight!

Just see.

Baz