Old 20-08-2011, 06:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default no grass on my lawn

wrote:
On Aug 18, 11:28Â*am, adrian1981
wrote:
were my dafodills grow on my lawn it is completley bare no grass grow
and its just soil should i put some grass seed down and will this affect
the dafodills thanks

I've never seen dafodills growing up out of turf. Clearly the
grass will compete with them for survival. Normally
dafodills are in a flower/shrub bed.

some people naturalize them in their lawns
and then after the leaves have died back they
mow it like a regular lawn again. you can
do this with any of the spring flowering bulbs
if they are hardy enough to survive competition
with the grass roots for moisture.

if the OP wants grass to survive around
the daffodils they would have to thin them
out as they will crowd out grasses somewhat.

after a few years daffodils might come up
too shallow and need to be replanted down
deeper if turf is going to grow over.

songbird