Old 21-08-2011, 02:37 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default PLEASE HELP! I have cut my new turf too short...

On Aug 20, 9:19*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Bob F wrote:
C. Leach wrote:
Hi there,

Over two weeks ago I had a gardener lay some lovely looking new turf
in my garden. I am not sure exactly what type of turf it was but it
was the runner type and the gardener refereed to it as 'professional'
if that helps...

As advised, I watered the turf every evening for two weeks and was
rewarded with a really plush green lawn. It seemed that the turf
responded really, really well to the new top soil. After two and a
half weeks it was time to mow the lawn so I borrowed my neighbors
mower and went to work.

Only when the job was finished did I realise that his mower was
actually a scarifier and it cut the blades of grass down very, very
low. It also looks like the scarifier has 'scalped' some small areas
of turf in a few places. Since yesterday (when I cut the lawn) some
areas of yellow have now started to appear.

You must be a troll. No one could possibly be that stupid
and still be alive.