Old 20-04-2003, 06:23 AM
Bob Alston

Default How do you guys measure Stuff?

Correct. It just costs $$$ that I am too cheap to spend.

Bob
"Djay" wrote in message
You can go to anyplace that sells baking goods and buy a scale that will
measure from zero to one hundred grams.

"Bob Alston" wrote in message
For me the really tough stuff is figuring out small weights. For

example,
how much is 20 grams? I needed that recently to mix up some chlorine
remover. I don't have an electronic scale or any scale for that matter.

took a chance and asked to use the post office's scale - after I mailed

package. I pulled out my zip lock bag of small clear crystals (sodium
thiosulfate) and told them why. They were very cordial and didn't even

give
me a funny look.

But once you know, and can convert into a volume measure (for me, 2

slightly
rounded teaspoons of sodium thiosulfate is 20 grams - put with water to

make
500 ml gives a solution that will remove chlorine at 1 drop of my

solution
per gallon).

Bob
"Aqua" wrote in message
* How do you MEASURE dosage of fertilizer elements for your tanks?
Chuck's site http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_p...osage_calc.htm

gives
information about calculating elements. But if you consider dry

measure
equivalent and the weight (mass) of 1 tablespoon of KNO3 is not equal

1
tablespoon of K2SO4. [or 1 LB of K2SO4 is not going to be 16 oz of

K2SO4]

* How do you dose KNO3 or other elements? You just drop one teaspoon

of
KNO3
powder in your tank or mix it with water and pour it in?

* Or how do you measure 10 grams of KNO3? Do you all have scales to

measure
such a small quantity?
--
Thank You