Old 24-08-2011, 06:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Zukes not fully developing

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
In article ,
"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

My zuke plant, I only have the one, is acting oddly. So far it has
started
4 zukes. Two I hand pollinated the others were bee pollinated. In each
case they grew to about 4 inches in length and then just stop. After 10
days I cut them all off as they had not grown an inch in a week. Last
year
they grew an inch a day. What could be going on here?

You may have ended up with a cull as your main plant. Thinning and
culling leaving the strongest is a big part of gardening.

I only planted one. I do containers. I have this one in a 22 inch pot with
3 cubic feet of soil. The seeds came from my garden shop. The plant itself
is quite healthy and has many large leaves.