Old 28-08-2011, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Aquaponics in the UK

On Aug 28, 3:37*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"aquaponicworld" *wrote ...

Hi I'm trying to promote the use of Aquaponic gardening in the UK. The
growing of fish and plants together without the use of soil is big in
the US and Austrailia but only starting here in the uk. The benefits of
aquaponics mean that you don't use fertiliser, pesticides or as much
water and the organic food you grow tastes wonderful. Because of the
manner in which it is used it opens up gardening to many more people -
ie you don't need a back garden.
I'm basically offering up my help if anyone needs sone advice

But all the Tomatoes in the supermarkets are grown that way, hydroponically,
and they are watery and tasteless. Whereas ours grown outside in soil are
amazingly solid, tasty and sweet, almost a different fruit completely. So
why would I want to change? Explain the benefits please.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

The tomatoes in the supermarket are crap because they are picked too
soon in order to prolong shelf life.