Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM
ffrank ffrank is offline
Registered User

Angry

I seem to have the same problem. I successfully grew beetroot last year, but this year something has been devouring my beets from the top, though often leaving a small top knot of leaves. My best guess is some kind of rodent - and bigger than a mouse, I think - I guess that leaves sqirrels, rabbits or RATS - or hedgehogs or even badgers.

Gary, did you find ou what was eating your beetroots?

ffrank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary P View Post
What eats beetroot in the UK?

Mine is suddenly being demolished, I've had several nearly the size of tennis balls almost completely eaten.

I can see the scrape marks from the teeth / beak.

..we have mice in the garden.. ... how much could mice eat ?

Do woodpigeons eat beetroot? ... what about squirrels... should I suspect that we have rats?

Has anyone else has a similar problem?

Thanks Gary