Old 09-09-2011, 04:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Organic Gardening in a Hotter, Drier World

"Derald" wrote in message

What gets me is that advocates always seem to be so sure of themselves
that
"unintended consequences" never occurs to them despite millennia of human
history that is filled with them. I fail to understand how a 21st-century
"educated" citizen cannot recognize narrow-minded, ideological, pedantry
and
advocacy disguised as science or journalism and give it precisely the
credence
it deserves: Roughly the same credence we all give to someone else's
religion.

I do agree.

It astounds me that so many people can be so narrow minded and remain so
ignorant when faced with a world full of easily accessible information.

Sadly most of the most vocal of those ignorant and uninformed seem to be
your own fellow countrymen. Their comments often make me wonder why it is
that many Americans know so little of the world outside their own borders.
I guess when they face the same sorts of problems as little countries like
Tuvalu and The Maldives they might open their eyes and/or use their brains.