Old 13-09-2011, 02:11 PM
robinsonstellar robinsonstellar is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu L View Post
Hi guys,

I'm Stu and I'm trying to find some advice. I wasn't sure where to look, but thought some of you guys might be able to help?
My problem surrounds grass, as per the title.

I'm part of a local club the run electric radio control cars on a grass track. On a normal club meet, the cars take quite a toll on the grass. It gets slightly discoloured where the track has been and ruts up in places where drivers apply the power. However it usually recovers well as we only use it once a fortnight.
The real trouble comes when we hold big regional meetings. 120 Drives soon destroys the place.

I was hoping to find some ideas on what we can do with the grass. Some parts of the track have been astro turfed, however keeping the grass is what attracts the drivers, so we don't want to cover the whole thing.
Does anyone have any experience with extreemly high wear areas or indeed any suggestions on either helping stop the ground rutting up in the first place, or helping the ground recover?

Thanks in advance
Stu

As many persons told above and gave many options to you for opting, similarly I would also like to suggest you that Hay is also a very good option as one member told above, Hay is ten times tougher and grows ten times faster than other common grasses.

Tall fescue, bahiagrass, Orchard grass, Coastal bermudagrass and Kentucky 31 are also some other options which you may consider.

KY-blue grass and Playground grass can also be useful, ask some persons who take care of the football, tennis, cricket lawn what grass do they use, as such grass are also very tuff as the matches are held so frequently here and the grass here tolerate so much pressure created by the players. So you can also grow such types of grass in your lawn. Just search in google for tennis lawn grass or football lawn grass, etc. I will also suggest you choose K-31 or Hay grass.

If it is possible the try to get all the cars parked outside the park, it will also be helpful for you. So now you have so many choices, make your choice and opt for the one which suits your requirements like climate conditions, etc.