Old 25-09-2011, 03:47 PM
jacs_bill jacs_bill is offline
Registered User

Unhappy Lawn issues

Hi,

Bit a of a newbie gardener. I laid a lawn in july, it looked great when first down and the strips seemed to knit together pretty quickly. I was giving it plenty of water a left it several weeks before cutting. Since then I've not been cutting it too short and have gving it water if it hasn't rained for a few days.

Anyway, the grass seems to be getting weaker, becoming brown in patches and if you grasp it it rips out really easily. Also, it's a small space and FULL of worms casts, which just seem to be killing off patches. It's also under an apple tree and a fair few leaves and apples fall on it, but I have been raking them off regularly too.

What am I doing wrong Any advice appreciated - woud like the lawn to last longer than a few months!