Old 12-10-2011, 09:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
CS[_2_] CS[_2_] is offline

Default Troybilt string trimmer

"Stubby" wrote in message

My old HomeLite trimmer had a problem I couldn't fix so I purchased a
new trimmer, a TroyBilt, from Lowe's. It actually looked like a
scaled down version of the HomeLite. It turns out that TroyBilt
bought out the support buisness from HomeLite.

The new TroyBilt wouldn't start. So I called support and spoke with a
terribly nasty and incompetent woman. She wanted to know what kind of
oil I mixed into the gas. I responded it was the little bottle that
was in the box the TroyBilt came in. She didn't know what that was
so I asked what did you ship? What's on the parts list? She didn't
know and couldn't help me. CLICK.

I throught good money after bad and bought the electric start
option. I got the trimmer started. It is so loud that I must buy
earmuffs to cut down the sound.

Note: TroyBilt tools are not returnable to the store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Troybilt, Ryobi, and a bunch of other 'brands' that use MTD parts are pure
shit.

They don't last for shit, getting parts is a pain in the ass, and they
rarely honor their warranty.

My 7 year old Craftsman just died. I was going to replace it, but it seems
Craftsman trimmers are getting some terrible reviews, one of which comes
straight from a Sears repair guy.

Fortunately I don't need one for a few weeks, so I have time to try and find
a good one.

CS