Old 23-10-2011, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default when to stop feeding pond goldfish

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 10:35:21 +0000, David Wright
wrote:

I stopped feeding the pond goldfish a week ago after the first frost.
Since then it has got warmer and fish have risen to the top of the pond.
Should I resume feeding or leave it till Spring. Also Ive taken the pump
and filter out as I have been told its safe to do so in Winter. Any
advice welcomed

If it's a real pond you should never need to feed goldfish. But if
it's a pool then I would suggest removing those fish to indoor tanks
over a freezing winter. Those plastic pools typically freeze solid
throughout and all living creatures contained will die. Mainly
depends on your specific clime and water depth. You should consider
adding a bubbler.