Old 27-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Amory Lewis Amory Lewis is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Lurie View Post
Does anyone know where I can find out the regulations for burning yard waste
in Wake County (not in a city)???

I don't know *what* the neighbors are burning, but it smells smoky here
inside my house (which is another area of concern).

Thanks,

Anne Lurie
Anne, did you find out anymore information about burning in Wake County or the Ordinance that you mentioned. I did not even see the ordinance on that page and from the other pages, Air Quality, etc.. it seems like the residents that choose not to burn and would like to smell fresh air don't have any rights. Especially since it says that odor is not considered a nuisance. What about the air filled with smoke or people who already have breathing problems? I would like to start an ordinance of my own or petition or something. It has become unbearable here with my neighbors burning their leaves. My entire house smells like smoke. It is in absolutely everything and I have asked them politely not to do it and even offered my yard and natural areas for them to dump their leaves but they just seem to love burning them and disrespecting their neighbors right to clean air.
You can email me
Thanks,
Amory