Old 28-11-2011, 12:21 PM posted to aus.gardens
loosecanon loosecanon is offline

Default Composting

Has anyone here tried Bokashi composting or looked at natural farming using
biochar and home made innoculents? I am not flogging it just seen some
videos on youtube. Will give Bokashi a go myself as I have access to
materials. Won't need the buckets described as I have a thought on achieving
the same results without spending the money. Recipes are on the net so no
need to purchase.

Bokashi is just a way of making compost. Basically you cover in lacto
bacteria then ferment for 9 days then bury. Six weeks later rich soil.
Vegetable and meat scraps can be used without the bad odour. Is also info
relating to how bokashi is a probiotic and good for livestock. So worth a
look.